A Review of Dark Matter (2015–2017) - An Engaging TV Series Set in Space

TV series set in space

I really enjoy anything and everything about space: pictures, news, books, science fiction about space, and TV series set in space.

Journey to the Stars: Exploring Dark Matter (2015–2017) - An Unforgettable TV Series Set in Space

One reason for this could be that I often feel overwhelmed with the world around me. Thinking, reading, and watching about space gives me a sense of solace and makes me feel better. It might also simply be that I have a deep fascination with outer space. Since I was a child, I have always wondered if there are aliens out there and have eagerly read every article in popular science magazines about the topic.

In recent years, especially over the past two years, I have immersed myself in numerous space-themed TV series. One of them that captivated me was "Firefly." Another series that sparked my interest was "The Expanse." In fact, I have even started reading the books on which "The Expanse" is based. by James S. A. Corey.

Related post: Old Man's War by John Scalzi: A science fiction novel about space

My most recent space-themed TV series was "Dark Matter" (2015-2017). When it initially premiered, I watched the first few episodes but never continued. However, last month I decided to give it another try and ended up watching all three seasons.

"Dark Matter" starts on a spaceship, where the crew of six people is awakened by an alert from stasis. To their surprise, they discover that they have no memory of who they are. They lack names and any recollection of their past. Consequently, they assign each other names based on the order in which they woke up, numbering themselves from one to six. With no knowledge of their identities, pasts, or histories, they embark on numerous adventures and strive to survive in the vastness of space.


The TV series was adapted from a graphic novel series of the same name. Unfortunately, after three seasons, the show was canceled, leaving viewers without a proper ending and the promised continuation. However, the "Dark Matter" comics consist of four issues, which offer hope for a satisfying conclusion that I plan to read.

Cast and the best character

In "Dark Matter," the first season introduces six main characters, although some eventually transition into secondary roles. Among them, characters Two, Three, Five, and Six stand out as my personal favorites. The full crew of the Raza includes the following actors and their respective characters:
  1. Marc Bendavid as One/Jace Corso/Derrick Moss
  2. Melissa O'Neil as Two/Rebecca/Portia Lin
  3. Anthony Lemke as Three/Marcus Boone/Titch
  4. Alex Mallari Jr. as Four/Ryo Tetsuda/Ryo Ishida
  5. Jodelle Ferland as Five/Das/Emily Kolburn
  6. Roger Cross as Six/Griffin Jones/Lt. Kal Varrick
Each actor brings their own unique portrayal to their character, contributing to the dynamics and chemistry within the series.



TV series set in space


But for me, the best character and cast here is Zoie Palmer as The Android. We mostly see her speaking and acting like a robot/android, but occasionally, we witness her portraying human-like behavior. Therefore, The Android is my favorite character among them, and Zoie Palmer portrays her role exceptionally well.

Best episode of Dark Matter

I find the TV series to be highly engaging. If you were to ask me about my favorite episode, I would definitely say it was "All the Time in the World" (season 3, episode 4). In this episode, "Three" becomes trapped in a time loop, reliving the same day repeatedly. It offers a unique and captivating storyline. Additionally, there are several humorous moments that add to its overall appeal.

Dark Matter consists of 3 seasons with a total of 39 episodes, with each season having 13 episodes. If you have an affinity for TV series set in space, I highly recommend giving "Dark Matter" a shot. It offers a captivating storyline and an immersive space-themed experience.

I am also looking for a recommendation for a TV series about space. If you have watched any and highly recommend it, please leave a comment and let me know about it.


Next Post Previous Post
2 Comments
  • Mert
    Mert June 10, 2019 at 5:12 PM

    Yeni keşfettim burayı, kitap ve dizi varsa varım! :))
    Ben de beklerim sayfama, sevgiler! :)

    • Cavanşir Gadimov
      Cavanşir Gadimov June 11, 2019 at 12:51 AM

      Bu yeni bloğum. Sizin bloğu zaten uzun süredir biliyor ve takip ediyorum.

Add Comment
comment url